My Community
  • October 21, 2017, 05:47:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

collapse

Author Topic: Episode 13 - Enlist  (Read 109 times)

Franky

• Dust War Journals
Episode 13 - Enlist
« on: October 02, 2017, 10:39:33 pm »

https://dustwarjournals.com/2017/10/02/episode-13-enlist/

Life continues to happen, but the Vikings press on and deliver yet another thrilling episode of Dust War Journals!

In this episode, we discuss new and upcoming releases and re-releases, as well as the global online campaign Endless War, and the brand new official Dust 1947 mobile app Enlist.

We also discuss a few rumors about future helicopters and the next expansion.

And finally, we interview ourselves, and talk about our personal views on Dust and gaming in general.
Dust War Journals podcast: https://dustwarjournals.com/

Graystoak

Re: Episode 13 - Enlist
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 05:28:01 pm »

Congratulations for reaching a year of podcasting!

It's was nice to hear a bit more about you guys, what your hobby consists of and what factions you play.

Thanks for keeping us up to date with the latest goings on in the world of Dust!

MaGoff

• Administrator
    • Dust-Vikings
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 06:04:05 am »

Thanks! I'm glad you like the show!

And don't hesitate to tell us if you have an idea of stuff you'd like us to talk about (otherwise we'll just keep going with our semi-random ramblings  :D )

Graystoak

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 09:01:08 am »

Well I for one would like to hear you guys discussing our rebalancing project.

I understand that this could be considered a controversial subject and that in itself is worthy of discussion. I think Dust Studios, more than most game developers, are open to the community moving the game forward. We have seen this with the multitude of Dustified units that have received official unit cards as well as the many community led Dust events and projects like Dust Monthly and of course Franky's pod cast. Umberto Bonomi's Dust Advanced rules are perhaps the greatest example of this, having now become part of the product range.

I would also like to hear the guys thoughts on the merits of creating a more balanced system (or attempting to), what this can add to the game. Some will say it is unnecessary, that the game is fun and that's all that matters. Others like myself loose interest in a game if they feel that taking the best units is more important than using the right strategy (this is why many of us stopped playing 40k).

And finally I'd like to hear some other opinions on what units need improvement and which are too good.

After all, this endeavour was inspired by the episode on Soldier 1 Vs Soldier 2 and has grown into something more.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:21:16 am by Graystoak »

MaGoff

• Administrator
    • Dust-Vikings
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 09:31:47 am »

We definitely have plans to talk about the Rebalance Project in a future episode. However, before we do that I'd like to advance the project a bit further, with evaluations for all units, and from at least one or two more people. If possible I'd like to get numbers from someone who primarily plays SSU, since that is the Bloc that clearly "takes the most beating" in this project (at least so far...).

The subject is controversial, but I think it's for the greater good and health of the game. A fun game will be even better and more fun if it's well balanced. And why wouldn't you want a better game?

Graystoak

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 06:24:59 pm »

I'm inclined to agree, more input and more play testing is needed before it's discussed in any detail. It would certainly be good to get someone who primarily plays SSU involved (Luda right 😉).

MaGoff

• Administrator
    • Dust-Vikings
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 08:38:43 pm »

It's Ludvig, Ludde or Luddaz  :)

Yeah, but he's not that interested in numbers and math stuff like this unfortunately. However, we do have FPZnerd already and he plays SSU frequently (even though his "prime" Bloc is Allies).

Ravenwing

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 11:23:38 am »

Thanks for a good episode.  :)
Copenhagen Dust player - no grid

MaGoff

• Administrator
    • Dust-Vikings
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 06:09:21 am »

Thank you Ravenwing! I'm glad you like it.

* Calendar

October 2017
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

No calendar events were found.