My Community
  • December 18, 2018, 11:28:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

collapse

Author Topic: Episode 16 - It Was A Very Good Year  (Read 943 times)

Franky

• Dust War Journals
Episode 16 - It Was A Very Good Year
« on: December 28, 2017, 10:17:47 pm »

https://dustwarjournals.com/2017/12/28/episode-16-good-year/

Another year over, a new one just begun!

The Vikings are gathered again, this time discussing the final bit of news for 2017, and also counting down their individual Top 5 Exciting Releases of 2017, and reminiscing about other great moments from the year that was.
Dust War Journals podcast: https://dustwarjournals.com/

Ravenwing

Re: Episode 16 - It Was A Very Good Year
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 12:12:09 pm »

I have not heard the episode yet, but looking forward to it!

Happy New Year!  :)
Copenhagen Dust player - no grid

GregB

• DUST USA
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 06:19:19 pm »

As always a great podcast, even though the usual suspect is still complaining about some units being broken. :D

Joe McLaughlin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 12:57:02 am »

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to compliment you on a great year with the podcast.  I can say from experience that keeping a fan based production going is a labor of love, where sometimes it's more labor than love.  I also know that, in this world of some great table top and board games, it's hard to keep a constant focus on just one game.  (In the past few months, I painted up a complete Walking Dead kickstarter and fully painted my Necron army.  Right now, I'm painting up my Necromunda gangs and getting ready to paint my first Kingdom Death miniatures.  Then I'm cycling back to paint up all my Dust Allied Vehicles.)

Your passion and excitement for the game are contagious and I wish it were possible to get out there to some of your events from California.  Listening to your podcasts helps fire my enthusiasm to start up some new Dust related event in my area.  (Which is going to be sadly lacking this year, as Dust World Expo has been discontinued)  In fact, our group was just discussing plans for a new Dust Tournament this summer.  We kinda got burned out with three campaigns this year, so we need some time to think of something creative for this summer.

Keep up the great work and keep those podcasts coming. 

Happy New Year

Joe

MaGoff

• Administrator
    • Dust-Vikings
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 01:57:30 pm »

I just wanted to compliment you on a great year with the podcast.  I can say from experience that keeping a fan based production going is a labor of love, where sometimes it's more labor than love.  I also know that, in this world of some great table top and board games, it's hard to keep a constant focus on just one game.  (In the past few months, I painted up a complete Walking Dead kickstarter and fully painted my Necron army.  Right now, I'm painting up my Necromunda gangs and getting ready to paint my first Kingdom Death miniatures.  Then I'm cycling back to paint up all my Dust Allied Vehicles.)
Thanks Joe! Yes, this sort of "volunteer work" can sometimes become an "unpaid job" and lose the fun parts. I guess it depends on the balance of how much time/energy you put into it, and how much fun you get out of it.

With the podcast, we don't do too much preparations. We use a Google Drive document where we write news, notes and ideas for what to talk about. During a month we just add stuff to the list and then talk about it in the next podcast (or push it forward to the next episode, or delete it if it's not relevant any more).

Sometimes it's hard to find time for actual gaming, so for me the podcast is a great way of still meeting my friends, talking about one of my favourite games and staying in touch with the community. And all it takes is a couple of hours every month! So I feel that the time and energy we put in is fairly small compared to what we get out of it. As long as that balance is kept I think we'll manage to do the pod.

Your passion and excitement for the game are contagious and I wish it were possible to get out there to some of your events from California.  Listening to your podcasts helps fire my enthusiasm to start up some new Dust related event in my area.  (Which is going to be sadly lacking this year, as Dust World Expo has been discontinued)  In fact, our group was just discussing plans for a new Dust Tournament this summer.  We kinda got burned out with three campaigns this year, so we need some time to think of something creative for this summer.
I'm glad that we can give some inspiration!

It's a bit far from California to Sweden, but if you ever make the trip you are, of course, very welcome to join us! Maybe as a guest in the pod?  ;)

Keep up the great work and keep those podcasts coming.
Thanks again! We'll do our best to keep rollin'.

Ravenwing

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 02:49:25 pm »

I have now heard the podcast. I obviously need to get my axis heavy infantry painted up along with Laura.  ;)

Looking forward to hear more in 2018!
Copenhagen Dust player - no grid

Graystoak

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 08:04:44 am »

Another great episode guys. Great to have MaGoff back on the show again.

MaGoff

• Administrator
    • Dust-Vikings
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 03:16:46 pm »

Thanks! I'm glad you liked the episode  :)

* Recent Posts

Re: Hellgate aftermath and faction leadership by MaGoff
[December 13, 2018, 07:22:50 pm]

Hellgate aftermath and faction leadership by Joe McLaughlin
[December 13, 2018, 12:25:38 am]

Episode 27 - Big Mail Bag by Franky
[December 05, 2018, 10:29:19 pm]

Re: Combat Nurse by MaGoff
[November 26, 2018, 03:31:08 pm]

Combat Nurse by Mechaholic
[November 26, 2018, 11:22:05 am]

* Calendar