My Community
  • July 16, 2018, 06:31:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

collapse

Author Topic: Episode 22 - Allied War Correspondent  (Read 144 times)

Franky

• Dust War Journals
Episode 22 - Allied War Correspondent
« on: June 29, 2018, 09:44:53 pm »

https://dustwarjournals.com/2018/06/29/episode-22-allied-war-correspondent/

The European Championships in Warsaw has come and gone, and brought with it a lot of exciting topics to talk about. In this extra long episode, the Vikings discuss the newest releases, the massive previews of upcoming units, and we also get to hear directly from several of the participants in the EU Championship. And finally, the episode rounds off with an almost hour-long interview with Paolo Parente himself!
Dust War Journals podcast: https://dustwarjournals.com/

Joe McLaughlin

• Administrator
Re: Episode 22 - Allied War Correspondent
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 08:50:11 pm »

Love the last episode.  I especially like the interview with Paolo. 

However I take exception to Paolo's inference that the "alcohol card" of the USA would be "moonshine".  WTH?!?!?!

Do I hear banjo music?

awx

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 05:11:12 am »

I really enjoy the long episodes!

Jarhead

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 07:07:22 am »

Totally awesome Episode, but epically long, I actually had to splitt it into two sessions as i hadn't that time on a row the last days! Really awesome interview with Paolo, I always love to get more info about the origins of the whole Thing. 

And those News, previews and announcements? I've been jumping in circles chuckeling like a three year old with everything that went down. Darn, even my non Desert Scorpion allies get some cool things... ;) I Need more info on that USMC Command truck! Just a Card? Something different from the command truck available for Bloc/Desert Scorpions?
And the japanese bloc? woah  :o sooo cool stuff. unrevocably my second Bloc in the making. though I will never wrap my head around why the take the ME 163 Komet as the plane instead of the J7W1 Shinden in the Jet propulsed Version the Imperial japanese had actually planned for when engines would be available evades me.

However, I'm happy as I could be though my shelfs look at me menacingly when thinking of the tiny little bits of space left on them and my wallet just spontaniously broke into tears  ;D

Cheers
"Retreat Hell! We just got here!"

Franky

• Dust War Journals
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 09:07:10 am »

Seems you had about the same reaction to the Japanese as I did :) I also really hope that they will made a version of the Shinden at some point, that thing just looks amazing.
Dust War Journals podcast: https://dustwarjournals.com/

Jarhead

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 09:44:01 am »

Yeah, such a great design, very optimistic results in testflights regardless of Vibration Problems in some strenious moments and a serious right draw due to the torque effect of the powerful radial engine. but it was designed with an actual Jet engine in mind (wich would have solved the side draw effect) which makes it a much more fitting plane in DUST 1947 and its VK powered Jet engine Technology, while the need for rocket propelled planes like the ME 163 or its  japanese derivates J8M / Ki-200 really doesn't make much sense to me in that context.

all that though doesn't slow my happiness with the developements and I gladly fly a J8M (or whatever the finalized Version will be named in DUST) in the face of my unworthy Opponent  ;)

cheers
"Retreat Hell! We just got here!"

* Recent Posts

Re: City table by Graystoak
[Today at 05:33:41 pm]

Re: Dust EU Championship 2018 - By the Numbers by Wiggy
[July 15, 2018, 07:58:10 pm]

Re: Dust EU Championship 2018 - By the Numbers by MaGoff
[July 15, 2018, 02:36:48 pm]

Re: Dust EU Championship 2018 - By the Numbers by MaGoff
[July 15, 2018, 01:22:47 pm]

Re: Dust EU Championship 2018 - By the Numbers by Graystoak