My Community
  • November 13, 2018, 07:28:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

collapse

Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 1709 times)

Arglyle

Welcome
« on: October 01, 2016, 03:44:46 am »

Here we have a good place to discuss Dust Adventures, the Dust RPG from Modiphius. If you have questions or suggestions feel free to voice them here and I'll find the answers or get your message to the right people.

Again welcome.
To his friend a man
   a friend shall prove,
To him and the friend of his friend;
But never a man
   shall friendship make
With one of his foeman's friends.
                          --Havamal

Jarhead

Re: Welcome
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 09:21:27 pm »

Very nice to have you here.

Friend of mine has all the stuff avalable up to now and I'm really pleased by the emulation from tabletop to rpg and as old rpg gamer I'm now and again thinking about purchasing the stuff myself though I'm pretty sure never to find the time to actually play but the fluff inside is just vey nicely done.

What would be very interesting are several things:
a) part af the appeal is the possibilit to intergrate characters from the tabletop into the rpg and vice versa. will you adjust the system now after the release of DUST 1947 as the changes probably effect the calculation
b) will there be more sourcebook like materials which develop more storylines somehow in conjunction with the Dust Studios?

Cheers
"Retreat Hell! We just got here!"

Arglyle

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 03:43:38 am »

1.There probably won't be anything official for a while.

2. They're working on a book to convert Achtung! Cthulhu to Dust Adventures rules, allowing you to combine those two worlds, after that is an errata and the project lead has some ideas, but really, much more in publication relies on sale.

Speaking of which, we have a sake at the website, both Dust Adventures and Operation Armageddon for $49.99, a savings of $22.00. This deal includes PDFs of both books, which are chock full of fluff.

https://www.modiphius.net/collections/dust-adventures/products/dust-adventures-and-operation-apocalypse-bundle-print
To his friend a man
   a friend shall prove,
But never a man
   shall friendship make
                          --Havamal

Jarhead

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 10:23:38 am »

1.There probably won't be anything official for a while.

2. They're working on a book to convert Achtung! Cthulhu to Dust Adventures rules, allowing you to combine those two worlds, after that is an errata and the project lead has some ideas, but really, much more in publication relies on sale.

Speaking of which, we have a sake at the website, both Dust Adventures and Operation Armageddon for $49.99, a savings of $22.00. This deal includes PDFs of both books, which are chock full of fluff.

https://www.modiphius.net/collections/dust-adventures/products/dust-adventures-and-operation-apocalypse-bundle-print

Sale? damnit, there goes my money...how long will it be on?

concerning the game proper:
I have to admit, though the crossover with ACHTUNG! Cthulhu is a funny idea (isn't there already a crossover book?) I would stick to the Dust universe Fluff only, which probably has mostly to do with budget and time available .
which brings me to the question how Close the working relationship with Dust Studios is and if they actually accept any of your old and theoretical new stuff as "canon", if you would be so lucky as to have sales which justify more issues. Again also coming back to the question of adjusting the conversion rules to the new Point values und their calculation...

Cheers

Arglyle

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 02:34:55 pm »

I don't know how long the special will be on, probably until Chris gets bored with it.

The book that's already out converts Dust Adventures to Achtung! Cthulhu. The new one converts it the other way.

The fluff is spot on with Dust Studios fluff. Paolo gave us a copy of his notes on the background and future plans. It is canon.

I'm going to see if I can talk the line manager into putting together something on updating to the new rules.
To his friend a man
   a friend shall prove,
But never a man
   shall friendship make
                          --Havamal

Jarhead

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 08:35:02 pm »

I don't know how long the special will be on, probably until Chris gets bored with it.

The book that's already out converts Dust Adventures to Achtung! Cthulhu. The new one converts it the other way.

The fluff is spot on with Dust Studios fluff. Paolo gave us a copy of his notes on the background and future plans. It is canon.

I'm going to see if I can talk the line manager into putting together something on updating to the new rules.

Many thanks, all the more reasons to use that sale soon...gotta start counting coins...

if you got any news on that update, could you give me a heads up? Me and a friend have several reasons that we're very interested in that.

Thanks again.

Cheers

PS: Damn you for seducing me to spend more money! (Just kidding, thanks for the tip)

* Recent Posts

Re: Luftwaffe & Kampfaffen by Mechaholic
[November 12, 2018, 12:26:14 pm]

Re: Luftwaffe & Kampfaffen by awx
[November 09, 2018, 04:12:04 am]

[November 06, 2018, 12:42:26 pm]

[November 06, 2018, 12:39:08 pm]

Luftwaffe & Kampfaffen by Mechaholic
[November 06, 2018, 12:18:46 pm]