My Community
  • July 21, 2019, 12:44:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

collapse

Author Topic: No t(h)anks  (Read 431 times)

dropdeadcriminal

No t(h)anks
« on: February 04, 2019, 11:38:34 pm »

So I keep hearing from podcasts and YouTube videos that people want to see more real tanks.
I got into this game with the coffin box. The sole reason I bought that box was the walking tanks. I knew nothing about it except it had walking tanks  If I was interested in real tanks there are a dozen games I could play, but this one had walkers.
The most exciting thing about the new faction for me is it is the first new walkers in a while.
Personally I would much rather see the studio spending more time on weird world war than actual world war.
It sounds like I may be in the minority here, but hopefully there are others out there that agree.

Jarhead

Re: No t(h)anks
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 09:55:07 am »

Generally Agreed. The real world stuff is a nice Addition but the Weird War stuff is why I came aboard to, back in the day. And I frankly wouldn't mind official stats and conversion sets, as I understand the Appeal for others.
I'm a bit on the fence about the Desert Scorpions trucks though. they're kind of unique as real world stuff upgraded (as the original LRDG used an actually different truck model mostly) but are their signature vehicle on the other Hand, with all their Swift hit and run shenanigans they entail. so I think they fit the DS theme pretty good.

The E-Tanks are something different, as they never made it to production in real WW2, which gives them  a very own Appeal.  The idea of realizing experimantal vehicles of any bloc as Units for DUST would please me very much.

I want a flying flapjack for the Allies!  ;D

Cheers!

"Retreat Hell! We just got here!"

dropdeadcriminal

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 03:58:55 pm »

Ya, I was not super thrilled with the previews for upcoming stuff. The majority of the vehicles are just tanks with fancy guns.
The new walkers for the Japanese are nice. But I am disappointed with the tank. It could have taken some inspiration from Ghost in the Shell and at least split the treads and put them on legs.

Jarhead

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 07:42:48 pm »

Ya, I was not super thrilled with the previews for upcoming stuff. The majority of the vehicles are just tanks with fancy guns.
The new walkers for the Japanese are nice. But I am disappointed with the tank. It could have taken some inspiration from Ghost in the Shell and at least split the treads and put them on legs.

well, as weird war, it makes kinda sense to include, well tanks with fancy guns. which es different than just the real world usual version. That said, I#m looking forward to the LVT series nevertheless. but I get your point. at least the one super heavy non mecha walker literally looks like a tank on four legs. and the walkers are gorgeous.  ;D

cheers
"Retreat Hell! We just got here!"

* Recent Posts

Re: Episode 34 - Hobby Overdrive by MaGoff
[July 10, 2019, 10:14:22 pm]

Re: Episode 34 - Hobby Overdrive by Corman
[July 09, 2019, 05:59:06 pm]

Episode 34 - Hobby Overdrive by Franky
[July 08, 2019, 08:13:57 pm]

Re: Small vehicles by Corman
[July 01, 2019, 03:46:58 pm]

Re: Small vehicles by MaGoff